The circular PlasticRoad is made of recycled plastic. This is an initiative of KWS, Wavin and Total, working as partners. On September 11, 2018, the first PlasticRoad bicycle path in the world was opened. And we were there!
PlasticRoad asked us how to get the most online exposure for the opening of the first PlasticRoad bicycle path.
Before the event:
- designing marketing automation systems for lead generation
- production of the whitepaper in Dutch and English (download)
- completing and providing the lead page
- creative and visual materials: graphic design
- making / publishing strategic content for the event
- creating a playful hook
During the event:
- photography by our partner Arnold Reyneveld
- live report of the event
- continuously publishing content on the various channels
- interaction with all parties involved
After the event:
- lead generation activities
- social advertising for more reach
77.2 m people saw the content
content was shared by media outlets in USA, UK and The Netherlands
substantial growth online channels
subscribers for newsletters in English and Dutch
sustainable development awards
We made a whitepaper, available for downloading.
Furthermore, during the event we provided live social media posting, resulting in over 77 million views.
We also made the press releases and provided photography during opening.
“When it comes to sustainability, the Netherlands has always been at the forefront. In recent news, Zwolle, one of the country’s “greenest cities,” implemented the world’s first bicycle lane composed of post-consumer waste that would normally be discarded or incinerated.”
– ArchDaily (United States), 23rd September, 2018
“The world’s first plastic bicycle path made of recycled bottles, cups and packaging has opened in the Netherlands, as part of a pilot that could see similar roads open up across the country.”
– The Guardian (United Kingdom), 13th September, 2018