About us, about me, blabla?!
We’re all proud of our websites and especially the ABOUT pages. About me, about us. I guess you get the picture. Lots of entrepreneurs waste their time writing a story that is ‘blabla’. Why? It’s quite a standard group of words. Unlike Cupid, you won’t reach your target customers in their hearts.
What is wrong with the about pages?
It is not about wrong or right. It is just not as effective as possible. It’s not really telling a personal story. Most about pages only mention their achievements, their company mission. Of course this info is okay. But does it really reach your target customers? I don’t think so! It’s kind of boring! That is why we have to learn from Cupid.
How to write about pages using that touches peoples hearts?
My goal with this article is to help you write a more personal story. A unique story. For starters, ask yourself the following 10 questions and you’ll be right on track to your unique story.
- Why did you become an entrepreneur?
- Can you remember why you started doing what you do?
- And if you look at your current activities, why did you pick just them?
- What makes you go to work every day wearing a smile?
- Why do you enjoy solving your customers problems?
- What makes you unique as an entrepreneur?
- What makes you more attractive to customers than your competitors?
- Why do people (or companies) buy from you?
- What milestones in your career are worth mentioning?
- Can you explain what you do in just one sentence? Reminder: touch peoples heart!
As a non-native English speaker I can imagine that my English phrases aren’t as a good as they are supposed to be. My intention was good! If you have any questions about reaching your target customers, as a B2B company or a B2C, do not hesitate to contact me.